t: 01904 784847 e: julian.sturdy.mp@parliament.uk
Julian Sturdy - Strong Voice for York Outer

Julian Sturdy

Member of Parliament for York Outer

Latest News & Campaigns

Julian welcomes Government cash boost to crack down on illegal developments in York Green Belt

Julian welcomes Government cash boost to crack down on illegal developments in York Green Belt

  City of York Council to receive £44.5k to crackdown on illegal development The move is part of the Government’s drive to protect the Green Belt   York is set to benefit from a share of nearly £2 million to crack down on illegal developments on the local green belt, Housing Minister Rt Hon Esther

Julian visits Poppleton pharmacy as national pharmacy flu vaccination programme begins

Last Friday, Julian called in at Poppleton Pharmacy in Upper Poppleton to mark the...

York Press column – Turbulence at Westminster

I must start by admitting that when I said in my last column that...

Update on Moor Lane / Askham Bog planning application

Further to the unanimous rejection of this planning application by the Planning Committee at...

Julian Supports New Care2Save Charity Shopping Website

December 20, 2014

Julian was pleased to support the launch of Care2Save.co.uk, a shopping website that will help raise funds for charities across the country when people shop online. The event was also attended by the actress Donna Air, who recently revealed that her grandfather is suffering from dementia and is being cared for in a hospice.

Care2Save is unique in the UK, as it is the only charity owned and run shopping website that gives 100% of the money that it makes through commission directly to the charity sector. The site offers over 12 million products from over 2,000 UK-based high street retailers, making it a one-stop shop for Christmas shopping whilst giving commission from all purchases to charity without costing the customer a penny. 80% of the commission generated through each purchase goes to a registered charity of the shopper’s choice, and the remaining 20% goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, which supports hospice and in the UK.

Commenting on the event, Julian said, “It was great to attend the Care2Save event and to find out more about the funds being raised for hospice care around York. If a small fraction of our online shopping was done through this charity website, we could raise millions of pounds for our local hospices. I really do hope the fantastic initiative takes off this Christmas time.”

Andrea Fragata Ladeira, the CEO of Care2Save said “Hospice care will touch all of our lives at one point or another; whether for ourselves or those close to us. Together through Care2Save we have the opportunity to transform the hospice sector and to raise significant sums for other charities in the process.”