The ‘Further Sites’ Proposals
The Further Sites Documentation
To download the ‘Local Plan Further Sites’ document in full, click here.
For the full list of documents, appendices and maps, click here.
The Key Proposals within the Further Sites document, as Julian sees them, are as follows:
1. Withdrawal of Dunnington and Huntington Traveller Sites and Knapton Showpeople Site.
2. Extension of Elvington Showpeople Site from 1 to 3 pitches and create a new 7 pitch Traveller Site in Elvington, south of Elvington Lane and the Medical Practice.
3. Addition of dedicated greenspace to several sites including Whinthorpe, Clifton Gate, Land to the North of Haxby, Land to the East of Metcalfe Lane and the Land at New Lane, Huntington.
4. Addition of new housing sites north of Stockton Lane, south of Boroughbridge Road, north of Escrick and at Connaught Court, Fulford.
5. Addition of new sites ‘safeguarded’ for long term future development east of Earswick, at Intake Lane, Dunnington, north of Elvington, north of Escrick, at East Field, Wheldrake.
6. Addition of new sites for solar farms at Knapton Moor and on land Northwest of Stockton Hermitage.
7. Addition of site between Askham Bryan water tower and the ring road for a ‘Compressed Natural Gas Station and Freight Consolidation Centre’.